Version 4.0.8 is now released. I think you will find a number of improvements to your workflow.
- Timeseries: can handle multiple filters!
no changes from current experience if only one filter is selected
inactivating a comp is still at the comp level, not comp/filter level
- Timeseries: remember last sequence used
- fix data formatting on SingleImageReport page: no commas or spaces in 1000's place
- SingleImageReport and timeseries reports: add maxadu column to comps section
(added to facilitate for exposure analysis)
- Images page: remember zoom setting in a cookie
and the scale, albeit upon re-entry (ie refresh with F5)
- TA page: remember last settings
- Telescop profiles: use System Name instead of TELESCOP or HeaderName
- exposure is now stored as a float, not an int.
image list will display down to ms
I've been having a problem with VPhot where if I use a FITS file with a Clear Filter I can't get the program to work. Other filters I've used work just fine but Clear dosen't. Never had this problem before. I've even tried different computers but still the same problem. It seems where you have to fill in "FOR MAGNITUDE ESTIMATION USE" and "REPORT AS" aren't working no matter what I put, usually C or V. Please help.
If you arrive at the single image photometry page with a C or Clear filter everything will be zero because there are no references. Also, and this is new, the Active check boxes will be unchecked because of the 0 ref mags.
To use V for reference make sure you toggle the Active back to checked before you hit refresh.
That should do the trick.
Thanks for pointing this out. I tried this out on a couple of C Filter images. Clicking the "Toggle Active" link next to the comps table is the additional/new step. As was true previously, you also need to select "For magnitude estimation, use" V to get V magnitudes reported in the Target Table at top.
This is a simple step and I'm sure users will make it part of their normal procedures very quickly.
I see what you mean, I tried it and it works! Thanks so much for your help!
It took a week for someone to use a C filter image in the new version. You found the problem that George is trying to correct.
Hopefully, we will have a fix soon.
I reported it directly to George shortly after the new version was implemented. I just didn't post about it here.
At least I'm not the only one with this problem.
The time series seems to not work for me, particularly with the magnitude graph which I need for my exoplanet data. Is there a was to fix this at my endor does this have to do with the server?
Need more info. Have you done a times series before? I suspect yes? Were you running just one filter time series?
What filter are you using? If a C filter, read above. If not, share some of the images to MZK.
Yes I have used the time series before. And I am using a C filter. Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I did save some--but not all--of my data on my computer about a couple of weeks ago, so I should be able to work my way around this minor setback for the time being. Thank you.
VPhot C Filter Users:
The following is a C filter workaround only for those of you who are careful! ;-)
IF you "rename" your filter(s) from C to V, the time series analysis will run as normal. VPhot can do this "rename" for you automatically.
HOWEVER, YOU MUST NOT SUBMIT your data as a V magnitude. You MUST edit your AAVSO Report file to change the V filter back to a CV filter. A global replace will work BUT be careful if your target is something like V0328 Peg. That will get changed as well.
IF you are willing to do that, you may consider this workaround. PLEASE only use this workaround IF you are careful!
PS: George is working on this bug. It is surprisingly difficult to resolve! Good luck, George.
George has a fix for C Filter Time Series issue. Just needs a little check and then should be released.