- NEWS (2015 February 02): The outburst of PKS 0716+71 has declined from its very bright maximum in mid-January, but remains brighter than average at around V=13.0.
- NEWS (2013 April 27): GRB 130427A discovered, incredibly bright in both gamma rays and optical light. Wiggins publishes an early light curve; see GCN Circular 14490.
- NEWS (2012 March 27): Gary Poyner reports that the blazar OJ 287 is currently flaring, measured at m(vis)=14.1 on 2012 March 26.917.
- NEWS (2011 October 20): Oksanen et al publish deep light curve of GRB 110918A. See GCN Circular 12458 and our news item on this GRB.
- NEWS (2011 September 20): Arto Oksanen observes GRB 110918A. See GCN Circular 12369.
- NEWS (2011 July 15): Peter Nelson observes GRB 110715A. See GCN Circular 12174.
- NEWS (2011 May 3): Eric Broens and David Boyd both observe GRB 110503A. See GCN Circular 12009.
- NEWS (2011 April 27): Gary Poyner reports via BAAVSS-alert that the blazar PKS 0716+71 is at m(vis)=14.8, its faintest level since December 2007.
- Latest GRB activity from GCN Notices (updated in real time).
- Our Successes! -- recently published AAVSO GRB observations (updated 2011 October 20).
About AAVSO HEN
- HEN Report of activities for Fiscal Year 2009
- Archives of High Energy Astrophysics Workshops
- Other Links & More Info
The AAVSO and its members would like to thank the following people for their support and expertise: Scott Barthelmy, Charles Curry of The Curry Foundation, Jerry Fishman, Peter Garnavich, Arne Henden, Steve Howell, Kevin Hurley, Chryssa Kouveliotou, George Ricker, and Gordon Spear.
Additionally, the following institutions have given support to the High Energy Network: Curry Foundation, NASA Office of Space Science, NASA Marshall Space Flight Center, and Sonoma State University.